Firmware 5.03 is under development, and this thread is for beta testers. This firmware has some major changes in the FOC code which can significantly improve low-speed performance and fix some old problems (such as when the motor starts "screaming"). Due to the amount of changes there are most likely some regressions, so I would appreciate some testing and feedback. Here is a link to the beta build:
VESC Tool also has a major new feature, which is a scripting page. I will make a video about that, but it you want to start testing it now there are some example scripts included that show how it can be used.
- Fixed inductance measurement bug.
- Speed tracker windup protection.
- Phase filter support.
- Phase voltage offset calibration.
- Better current offset calibration.
- Added power switch commands.
- Synchronize observer state when running in open loop.
- Force oberver state magnitude above 50% of flux linkage. This prevents the motor from getting stuck and 'screaming'.
- Observer global convergence update. Helps tracking the motor through 0 speed.
- Added HFI start sensor mode.
- Added TEMP_SENSOR_KTY84_130.
- Major UAVCAN update. See: https://github.com/vedderb/bldc/pull/269
- Avoid numerical instability when mapping is done over a narrow range. See: https://github.com/vedderb/bldc/issues/262
Added servo_out_enable appconf option, so that the PPM port can be used to control servos with the default firmware.
Better current controller windup protection.
Field weakening support (experimental, be careful and use at your own risk).
Limit hall sensor angle rate of change based on ERPM.
Added p_pid_gain_dec_angle parameter.
Low pass filter input voltage.
Dual hardware CAN-scan fix.
Use fast speed tracker for current controller.
Disable motor for 5 seconds after flash operations.
Added kill switch support.
Added process derivative term to position controller.
Added position PID-controller angle offset.
Configurable PID controller rate.
Added several AUX port modes.
VESC Tool Changelog:
- Fixed simultaneous CAN FW upload when other devices (such as BMS) are on the CAN-bus.
- Fixed configuration backup and restore over CAN-bus.
- Added test version information to about dialog.
- Added scripting page
- Syntax highlighting (needs some work).
- Recent files.
- Example files.
- Auto-completion tree (needs some work).
- Run in widget, window or full screen.
- Debug print output.
- Toggle line comment.
- Auto-indentation of line or block.
- Search, highlight and replace text.
- Only capture esc key for stopping the motor when connected.
- Fixed FOC detect all no can when connected over CAN.
- Added FOC wizard, setup data and profiles from mobile UI to desktop UI.
- Added usage page to FOC wizard.
- Added support for loading custom UI from firmware.
- Dark theme.
- Mobile UI refactoring.
- Configurable data polling rates.
- Better DPI scaling.
- Configurable plot line thickness.
Some tips for testing the phase filters:
- Make sure that all offsets are calibrated with the voltage you are using. This can be done on Motor Settings -> FOC -> Offsets. Make sure to calibrate the offsets before running detection.
- For motors with temperature sensors, make sure that temperature compensation is activated and that base temperature is set to what the motor had when detection was done. The compensation and base temp is found under Motor Settings -> FOC -> Sensorless. This should be done automatically when using the FOC-wizards.
- The phase filters can be enabled and disabled for comparing their impact.