This is the beta testing thread for firmware 5.02, which will mainly contain bugfixes and small improvements. It would be nice to have some help testing it out. Here is a link to the new VESC Tool with the new included firmwares for all platforms:
So far, the changes are:
- Bidirectional current mode for VESC Remotes.
- Motor temperature measurement fix on unity and stormcore.
- IMU calibration improvements.
- VESC Tool does not allow uploading firmware to all VESCs on the CAN-bus if they have different hardware versions.
- Added LSM6DS3 IMU support.
- Added MTPA support. See See: https://github.com/vedderb/bldc/pull/179
- App PPM rework. See https://github.com/vedderb/bldc/pull/192
- SWDPROG (blackmagic probe) improvements
- App Balance updates. See https://github.com/vedderb/bldc/pull/193
- Motor current now based on magnitude of both axes.
- Initial VESC BMS support.
- Hall sensor interpolation improvement.
- Made hall sensor filter configurable.
- Added locking time and ramp up time parameters to sensorless startup.
- Initial VESC IO-board support.
- Added hall sensor interpolation ERPM config option.