Updated 4//27/21. Latest design eliminates signal wiring spaghetti going out of the controller and converts them to harness connectors for ease of connection/disconnection and simplified assembly.
The latest standard specs are as follows:
1. Three board design: Power stage, DC link/gate driving/Sensing, and control/brain board. Power stage is a single layer aluminum board interfacing directly to the heatsink.
2. 24 150v rated mosfets in TO-Leadless package. Total voltage de-rated to 130v as a safety margin.
3. Full isolation from the power stage for reliability and safety.
5. Shuntless current sensor design with capacity to measure up to 1000A
6. Integrated Bluetooth and WiFi on board
7 Seamless over-the-air firmware updates
8. On Board buzzer for alarms, etc.
10. Fully enclosed aluminum heatsink providing 360 degree heat dissipation.
11. Custom Android and iOS application allowing easy setup (motor detection, throttle, etc).
12. Online logging from the app directly into the cloud database with ability to monitor real time and historic data (anything from power consumption, to voltage, IMU, etc.)
1. Capacitive touch mini display that allows to fully configure the controller over Bluetooth and can be used as the instrument dashboard.
2. Remote connectivity package (includes on board GPS, GSM/LTE module with 3 year service included. International coverage for 70 countries). Allows to locate/track the vehicle, and send commands such as engage brake/panic mode, and anything else that makes sense - new commands will be added via updates).
A bit outdated but mostly valid 3D model of the internals.
High level schematics
Voltage sensing for DC and Phase: