Updated 10/1/20. Here comes a new shell making the controller even smaller and lighter! Everything is now dust and water tight. Here are some pictures:
Updated 9/20/20. Have been testing and tuning prototypes for a few months now. Feels like it's ready to be released for beta testing.
The design has undergone a few revisions in the last few months. The major change is in the board design to improve performance and reliability.
Designed with high power eBikes in mind, but can be used on any other types of vehicles.
The latest specs are as follows:
1. Three board design: Power stage, DC link/gate driving/Sensing, and control/brain board. Power stage is a single layer aluminum board interfacing directly to the heatsink on the non-component side.
2. 24 150v rated mosfets in TO-Leadless package. Total voltage de-rated to 130v for extra reliability.
3. Fully Isolated power (control from power) to enable high voltage and minimize negative
4. Isolated best in class gate drivers and voltage sensors from Ti (small propagation delay, fast response, etc.)
5. Shuntless current sensing, using ACS current sensors modified to handle sensing up to 500A
6. Integrated Bluetooth and WiFi on board using esp32.
7 Seamless over-the-air firmware updates.
8. On Board buzzer for alarms, etc.
9. 3x10uf 500v rated film capacitors and 6x470uF 160v rated electrolytics
10. Fully enclosed in aluminum heatsink, no plastic parts.
11. Optional capacitive touch mini display that allows to fully configure the controller over Bluetooth and can be used as the instrument dashboard.
Voltage sensing for DC and Phase: