I just received my VESC 100/250. Beautiful piece of kit, but so far I've found nothing on how to actually use the board. I've got a lot of experience with BLDC, going as far as to develop them and even teach about them at uni, so the problem is purely the mechanics of an unfamiliar layout and firmware. https://trampaboards.com/resources/manuals/225.pdf is only the briefest of overviews, and does not go so far as to tell me what connections are mandator (ON/OFF?)
- Where is all the documentation?
- What needs to be done to bring up the board for the first time?
- What are the connectors required? JST?
- What kind of connections can be used for wireless control? Anything with a serial link?
- What should I expect from the LEDs? Should there be an LED lit anytime there is power? Etc...?
Too many people have gotten this to work for me to just chalk it up to poor docu. I figure it's just poorly visible docu.
Trampa, could I humbly suggest you could make this a lot easier on your new customers? Maybe a link to a video which shows someone unpacking a VESC and proceeding to connect to it via the computer would be ideal.