To give you an impression, this is how my CableCam behaves with the VESC6.
Some bullet points
- VESC is configured in speed mode and gets from a CC3D revo the speed commands via UART
- This controller has a bluetooth module on one of its UARTs and with that you can control it, the VESC and read the VESC status
- One area the VESC performs beyond expectation is the speed control. I have speed ramps programed and with a normal ESC this controls the thrust/energy. Result is an uneven acceleration. Thanks to the speed mode of the VESC however the acceleration/braking is linear and very smooth.
- Problem I have is at speed 0 and on steep hills. How can we make the VESC to hold its position? Not an issue when the rope is level as in this video.
- Ronin-M Gimbal is quite heavy and the VESC accelerates more than enough with that. Quite scary in fact and that with 3s LiPos only. 6s would be more appropriate.
- Very silent. Inaudible in fact. The T-belt gear makes most of the noise.
- Slow speed movement beautiful with the brushless motor hall sensors.
Summary: I love it. Absolutely worth it.