I have used the HW 4.10 in the past and now wanted to reuse it with the newest version. But the motor does never move. There are a few odd things I can't tell which the root cause is. Hence let me list the steps...
- I downloaded the VESC tool free windows. Upon connection it told me that my firmware is too old, so I selected from the HW tab the 4.10&4.11&4.12 item, in the firmware tab is said "VESC_default.bin" and I uploaded that.
- It did erase and upload and then said "FW Upload Done" and error message: "Serial port error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of a thread exit or an application request.".
- Reconnected and now the installed version reads: VESC Firmware Version 3.28, Hardware: 48, UUID: 3B 00 2F 00 13 51 34 33 33 35 31 35
- In the firmware tab it now reads HW 48 only, not 4.10.
- Next I run the Motor Setup Wizard with all default, BLDC, sensorless etc. In the screen where you detect the BLDC Settings, I click on the run button and after 20 secs it says "detection failed" and no motor movement did happen.
- I know the electric cables are okay because in the FOC detection screen the motor does make some noise (and returns with R=0 error).
In the VESC terminal it says below which does not make much sense either.
Any ideas or advice?
The following faults were registered since start: Fault : FAULT_CODE_OVER_TEMP_FET Current : -1.5 Current filtered : 0.7 Voltage : 11.83 Duty : 0.003 RPM : 6.7 Tacho : 3 Cycles running : 0 TIM duty : 11 TIM val samp : 1050 TIM current samp : 3150 TIM top : 4200 Comm step : 2 Temperature : -273.15