- I have a mountainbike with a astroflight 3215 connected to the rear wheel with a 2 stage reduction. On the intermediate shaft I have a freewheel, the ratio from the motor to this shaft is 4:1.
- Battery is 12s.
- motor kv is 169
- Phase current set to 60 A
- throttle controls duty cycle
The motor wizard did a good job and the combination works great, except for one big problem.
- When I reapply throttle after coasting (wheel spinning at 10 - 30 kph. motor stopped, freewheel working.), it happens that the motor starts making a squeezing sound and doesn't move anymore.
- I think the controller looses sync
- seems only to happen at certain throttle position while reapplying it. low throttle or full throttle seems to work ok. Half throttle seems to give the problem.
- squeezing sound continues until I disconnect the battery
What I think happens:
- The motor spins up
- when the motor speed matches the wheel speed, the freewheel engages abruptly and causes a big torque ripple.
- controller looses sync
Is this a known issue?
Can I tweak some parameters to solve this problem?