I have a few questions concerning the current VESC tool 1.16 (to my knowledge, there isn`t really a complete manual that explains all functionalities). What I would like to know as a beginner is:
1) Motors can be configured either by using the wizard or manually. It seems to me the wizard does not cover all settings that can be adjusted in manual mode. So does the wizard basically use the preset values from manual mode for the settings it does not cover?
2) The way I understand it, under "motor settings" the "general" section applies to all configuration modes (BLDC, DC, FOC and GPD). Is that correct? And what about the sections "PID controllers" and "Additional info". Do I need to change anything here?
3) I am using a VESC 4.12 with a hall-sensored BLDC outrunner motor that weighs about 400 grams. Is it advisable to use FOC mode rather than BLDC mode? In the FOC wizard, you can only choose a "small outrunner" with 200 grams or a "medium size" wih 750 grams. Which one should I choose? And would that not cause a loss of performance or an overloading of the motor?
4) What exactly is the GP Drive mode for? Should I use it?
5) What is the Hall table for that appears during configuration? The first and last number in the table is always 255 (the other values range between 1 and 6) in my case. Is that normal or is there something wrong?
If someone has the time and could help me out I would greatly appreciate it . Thanks a lot.