My custom vesc has arrived! And it works pretty well and stays cool even when delivering 2.5kW!! But when I throttle up to 3kW or so, the VESC software seems to be limiting itself. It does it around 50V/95% throttle or a little lower throttle at higher voltages. Here is a video:
<iframe width="1068" height="601" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1_3IwvQKiv4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I started the test at 45 ish volts and ramped up the throttle to 95%, then turned up the power supply voltage to 50 and you can hear the controller throttling back and start surging, which is when I cut power. I’m sure its some setting in the software. I tried most of them, but I am a little lost as far as what they all do. I could use a little help.
- BLDC mode
- Current limits in hwconf 4.10 and board.h are set to 200A (sensor can only sense up to 165A)
- max erpm is set to 200,000
- max voltage is set to 61, sensor can only sense up to 61.8
- no faults are reported
- power supply current limit is set at 150A input (and its the kind where it backs off the voltage, dont see that)
- haven’t messed with the timing advance, not sure what the process is for messing with it.